|Back to Back Issues Page|
Thanks from Lifestyle-for-Healthy-Living.com
November 08, 2012
Greetings from Healthy Lifestyle Tips
The Basic Principles of Longevity
As more and more scary facts are revealed about what we consume every day, and what we are doing to ourselves, more and more people are reconsidering how they live their lives. They start looking at the damage being done, and where it might lead to.
Unfortunately, the sad reality is that if you continue to apply unnecessary pressure to your body or mind (or both, since one affects the other), you are likely to vastly reduce the quality of your life as you start getting older.
Once upon a time, aging was associated with numerous aches and pains, with the body showing the signs of all the beatings it had to endure during its productive years.
However, thanks to the availability of modern day knowledge, there is no need for that any more.
By paying some attention to your body and its needs, and respecting its limitations, you can preserve the quality of your life for many years to come, and grow old gracefully, rather than pathetically.
At the end of the day, increasing your chances at longevity is a choice - yours.
Key Areas to Living Longer
While there are a multitude of topics could be included when discussing longevity, there are a few basic key areas of your life that should be singled out as vital components:
1. Are you taking care of what you have? Are you still hammering your body into delivering what you want from it, rather than accepting what is reasonable?
2. What are you eating? You are what you eat - and you are what you don't eat. What you consume makes a huge difference to what your life will be like when you grow older.
3. Are you allowing your environment to stress you out? Stress has caused many people to grow old long before they were supposed to be.
4. Are you still adding unwanted toxins to your system? The less you pay attention to what you are doing to your body, the sooner it will wear down.
5. Are you paying attention to the little things? Are you taking care of your eyes, your skin, your feet, etc?
6. Are you paying attention to your weight? Excess weight can cause a multitude of problems - none of which you need to live with.
7. Are you an active person? There is a difference between being active and being disorganized to the point of constantly rushing.
8. Are you getting enough sleep? Sleep is not just the time your body takes to rest - it is much more than that.
9. Are you taking anything to slow down the natural aging process, like antioxidants? You have the power to cheat nature, and turn on the brakes.
These are the questions we’ll be answering throughout this series, and hopefully by the end of it… you’ll be on your way to a healthier, longer lasting life.
These are just some of healthy lifestyle tips we will be covering on a monthly basis...
|Back to Back Issues Page|