We’ve all heard that a daily healthy skin care routine helps to keep skin looking healthy. However, if you want to keep the skin looking healthy you need to support it with a healthy lifestyle.
Below is a short list of common lifestyle approaches to help you get started:
1. Stay Hydrated – Your skin has the awesome ability to moisturize itself, but in order for this function to work you have to keep your body hydrated. This means that you need to be drinking roughly 6-8 glasses of water each day before your body will achieve the hydration it needs, a natural skin care to help keep your skin naturally moisturized.
2. Protect Skin from the Sun – The sun is a deadly enemy to your skin. It will dry your skin out and cause it to look leathery, cracked and wrinkled if it’s able to reach your skin. This may contradict what you think since “being tan” is the popular thing to do.
To keep your skin protected from too much sun exposure, use moisturizers that contain sunscreen. There are some healthy skin care products that moisturize, provide coverage and protect from the sun all at the same time!
3. Moisturize before Bed – When you are sleeping is when your skin cells replenish and heal themselves. Therefore, right before you go to bed is the time when you need to moisturize your skin. This is in addition to daily skin care regimen, of cleanse, moisturize and hydrate.
4. Don’t Skimp on Sleep – It’s important that you get a good amount of sleep each night; Your skin can appear to look aged, wrinkled and saggy when you don’t get the sleep you need…not to mention those puffy circles that form under the eyes with lack of sleep. Therefore, getting enough sleep provides an element of natural skin care.
5. Strive for Inner-Peace– Stress, worry and anxiety all have an effect on the appearance of your skin. This is why, you should find a way to achieve inner peace and reduce the amount of worry, stress and anxiety that manifests itself within you.
6. Eat Healthy – You know the saying “you are what you eat”? Well, this is especially true when it comes to your skin. If you eat unhealthy foods, you will have unhealthy looking skin. Therefore, you need to incorporate diets for healthy skin with as many fresh vegetables and fruits as you can into your daily diet.
7. Vitamins for Healthy Skin - To improve your skin’s appearance and youthful state, you need to make sure to get as much of vitamins A, C, D and E that you can. Some people may have to take vitamin supplements in order to get an adequate amount of vitamins.
However, you can get these vitamins through the foods you eat and through juicing. Foods like fruits, vegetables and whole grains are important for getting essential vitamins. Obtaining antioxidants through your diet will also help improve skin by protecting the skin cells.
You will want to incorporate healthy oils and fats into your diet as well. You can use healthy oils such as olive oil and safflower oil to cook with and take omega 3 fish oil and flax oil supplements to help get your daily need of vitamins for healthy skin.
You can also eat various nuts, seeds, whole grains and fatty fish to get these important nutrients as well.
Everyone knows the true teller of a person’s age is generally the condition of their skin.
The fact is, our skin ages over time and develops wrinkles as it loses elasticity and sags. Healthy skin care as part of a healthy lifestyle are things you can do that will help you slow this process and keep the skin of your youth longer.